Sunday, August 15, 2010

Grandma Willie

Once again we have not such a great week. My mom called me last Friday and told me that my Grandma Willie was not doing well. She has had cancer for the last 2 years and nothing was helping her. They were doing Chemo Treatments but they were no longer working. I talked to my dad and he told me that she would be Ok until I got there the next weekend. On Saturday my parents came to Centerville for a family Reunion and again I felt like I should go home with them but didn't. We had watched my Grandpa go through pain and suffering for so long that we thought the same thing would happen with Grandma. On Saturday night I had decided that I was going to Malad on Sunday to see her. I called my sister Melissa to see if she wanted to come with me and that I would pick her up in the morning. On Sunday I got up and got ready to go to Malad. I called my mom told her I was leaving in about 15 minutes and then I finished getting ready. I was just getting ready to get in my car when my mom called and told me that my Grandma had passed away.

My Grandma was an amazing lady and was such a hard worker. She was always out on the farm with my Grandpa helping him do what he felt he needed to do. She was a school teacher for 37 years and then sub for 14 years after she retired. She had an amazing love for the gospel. She loved the gospel with all her heart and nothing could make her doubt the truthfulness of the gospel. She was dedicated to her callings. Two weeks before her passing she was in primary playing the piano with her oxygen and all. The last Sunday that I saw her she was in so much pain that I asked her if I could take her home and she told me, "The day I stop coming to church is the day I will die." She missed one Sunday and the next Sunday she passed away. She was serious about not missing church.

She loved all her Grandkids and great Grandkids so much she never gave us a reason to doubt that. No matter what we did or how much trouble we got into she was always on our side. Even if we were completely wrong, she would stand up for us no matter what. She was at every activity that we were involved in and was always the loudest one in the crowd.

My kids loved going to Grandma's house and play with the M & M machines. Grandma always and her candy jars, M & M machines, & cookie jars full. My kids loved Grandma M & M's house. She never missed a birthday, the kids always looked forward to getting a birthday card from Grandma M & M.

Grandma was one amazing lady that I looked up to very much and will Forever love and miss.

Love you NOW and FOREVER Grandma!!!

3 comments:

Alli E. said...

Grandma Willie was such a sweet lady! We will miss her!!

Soccer Mom said...

She was so sweet and AWESOME! She will be truly missed . . .

Jeana Bird said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I love that she loved the gospel and her callings.

Maddie is so pretty and I love the picture of her on the playground. She is going to take 1st grade by storm.