Monday, December 1, 2008

Grandpa Parry

This Thanksgiving was another one of those Thanksgivings that you think of all the things you are thankful for and the next day you get bad news. Last year I lost my Grandpa Willie on November 12, which was very hard but was a blessing for him. This is was another one of those years.
Tuesday I got a call from my Dad telling me that my Grandpa Parry was not doing well and if I wanted to see him I needed to get to Malad as soon as possible. So I dropped my kids off with Ben and he took them to my wonderful mother-in-law's house. I stopped in Brigham and picked up my sister Melissa and headed to Malad to see Grandpa. It was good to see him, but also so hard to see him in that state. He held our hand and was trying really hard to talk to us, but we just could not understand him. I came home that night and the next day learned that my Grandpa had passed away, the day before Thanksgiving. We had his funeral today and it was a wonderful funeral. It was so nice to hear stories about my Grandpa and to be able to pay tribute to him. My kids don't completely understand what is going on, but they are really cute about it. Ben made a DVD of pictures of my Grandpa. While we were watching the DVD Colton ran up to the TV and yelled "Grandpa Parry", Maddie turned to him and said, "That Grandpa is with Jesus now." Tears came to my eyes has I thought how cute she was and I was also having a proud moment for a minute.

We love you Grandpa and will miss you dearly.

5 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

You are a great mom! Sorry again for your loss!

Mindi B said...

Oh, Shannon, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa!!! I'm glad everything went well today. That is darling of Maddie to say what she said to Colton - she is such a sweetie!

Robert, Jeana, and Brooke said...

Shannon, I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I am glad everything went well and Maddie is adorable...what a sweet moment in time (one of those tender mercies).

Amy said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I am sure you had some great memories with him.

Cathy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It's great that you were able to spend some time with him before he left. You are in my thoughts.